Thursday, January 26, 2012
Well so far today has been good. I know hes had messes, but Im not killing myself over them.
I woke him up around 8:00 and took him first thing to the potty to create that habit for Gehrig. He wasnt too happy about being awake, in fact he whined the whole time. His first trip took us an hour! He litterally sat there for an hour holding it! I used the squirt bottle and sprayed him, turned on the tub faucet, flushed the toilet.... I did everything! Finally I went and got his treat jar and placed it on the bathroom counter. He cried for his Buzz and McQueen fruit snacks, but I told him he had to go potty first. He held it a little longer, even through his Daddy leaving for work, which Gehrig cried over, and through reading 5 books twice!! At 9:05 am he finally gave in and pee'd!!! Holy freakin cow!!!! Because he took so long going potty we had to rush and get ready for his first Play Group meeting this morning (another big no no for the potty training time.) I figured it was ok and that maybe I'd get some advice from it. It was nice to get out and meet other Mom's. Gehrig loved playing with the kids and then making the crafts and singing songs.
I am going to be honest now, in the fact that I dont feel like I am potty training him too early. I think for how much he communicates with us, and how he tells us hes dirty, we think its the perfect time, and will be a lot easier now than when I have baby #2 here this summer. This is allowing him theone on one Mommy time needed for potty training. I also no longer am questioning myself because today I met a little girl who turns two in Feb who was potty trained over New Years. So I know its possible.
After play group today, we stopped by McDonalds and got him a happymeal. When we got home I let him finish eating and then relax and watch Wallace and Gromit for a bit. I figured I would try taking him to the potty, and this time we sat there for only three minutes before he went potty! So we are making progress... Slowly but surely.... I know he will catch on faster once its full on potty training time.
2:48 pm.... Playing the holding game .... Been sitting here for about 20 mins. I saw him trying to do his dooty.... Sitting across from him still is his prize jar!
Never happened..... It is now 4:30 and I seriously think my son pees every 5 minutes! We went through 3 pairs in 15 mins!!! Pair number 2 he wet as I was hugging him and reassurring him after he wet in pair number 1! Then comes pair number 3 to replace pair number 2... I went to get a snack and he came out running yelling "towel! Towel!" grabbing a blanket off our couch. I didnt let him get it and I asked him to show me, he had messed pair number 3 on his bedroom carpet.
I know they say not to put your children in time out because potty training is suppose to be a positive time for the child, but I just did. Im telling you this because while he was in time out I realised that I am making progress even if it is slow progress. (At this point hes in a pull up because im out of undies) A couple minutes into time out Gehrig stood up grabbed his diaper and said "pee pee!" as he was going. So we are making progress, its now getting him to tell me prior to his accident.
Maybe tomorrow.....








0 comments:
Post a Comment