Thursday, July 23, 2009
With all the hustle and bustle of lifes daily clock it's so easy to get wrapped up and stressed out. Lately I have been feeling not so well... I think that I am battling allergies of some sort? I don't ever sneeze here, and my eyes don't water like they did in Vegas during the spring. I just all of a sudden start to get migraines and my sinuses start yelling at me. Maybe I am still aclimating to living in Texas as this is my first "full" summer down here.. dunno. Before work I stopped by Wal-Mart (because Target didn't open till 8am) and picked up some Tylenol "Sinus Congestion & Pain", and I have to say this is the first time that I haven't been loopy from taking the full dose... OR maybe I really am loopy but feeling this way is still better than the way I have been feeling these last 2 days. I dunno. It's time for my second dose. BUT... as I was sitting here today I started to think about all the simple things in life that I enjoy doing... and how simple my life use to be. I thought that I would share with you one of my simple pleasures that I utterly enjoy. Since I was born I have had severely sensitive skin. My poor mom had to use cloth diapers on me as a baby- which in all actuality might be the way to go to save money- then growing up I developed allergies to certain plants such as bermuda grass that would ground me instantly with puffy itchy eyes, sneezing, and then sleep when the Benadryl kicked in. I have never been able to use certain lotions and body washes as they make me itch... This last spring in an effort to calm the itching caused by the fabric softener I was using at that time, Levi and I started to explore lotions. The Suave lotions- they were ok... I didn't get much long term relief, my skin was dry 30 minutes later. The Vaselline- just made me itch even worse like it did when I w
as a kid. Then before our trip to Chicago I grabbed a travel size Lubriderm lotion bottle and found my skin to be soft all day and smell good and I LOVED IT! So I was set on buying that again- I even saved my weekly coupon for it.... Then I got to Target and saw that it was $14.00 a bottle... and said NO WAY! So that coupon went to the file called "trash"... as I sat there combing through my coupons I came across a coupon for Dove. I was always able to use their stuff growing up, all my dermatologist recommended using Dove to wash with and so... I thought I would give it a try. Which is why today my simple pleasure is Dove's "Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion" for Extra Dry Skin. I absolutely love this stuff. I can literally look at my bottle and want to lather myself up in it. I promise you I put on more that I should because I love it THAT much! I love the smell of it too... It just seems to feel so calming and so shower fresh, that I can sit there and start to relax. At under $5 a bottle I will be hooked for good! Then you also get coupons for it... even better! I had my first bottle in April... I just ran out last night and bought some more today... so 4 months of useage... I think it's a deal! My skin??? Yeah- No itching even when I put it on right after I finished shaving- and I only apply it once in the morning and I am good for the whole day! This is my Simple Pleasure for today.








1 comments:
Good to know! Thanks for sharing your plug for products involving dry skin...heaven knows I've got it! I use a fabulous lotion called Renew put out by Melaleuca. It is awesome too! Don't you love when something works so well? Miss you too!
Post a Comment