Thursday, July 2, 2009
Yesterday Levi, me, his co-worker Adam and his fiance' Jessie went to the Texas League's "All Star" Baseball game at Dr. Pepper field in Frisco, Texas. It was fun watching them during the Home Run Derby, but yet kinda disappointing too because there were only 10 home run's hit out of 20 batters and each batter got I think 5 pitches. The poor kids on the field were running everywhere! They got quite the workout! We also had a fun time just hanging out watching the scouts and them squirming around as people came and sat next to them. One guy... oh i felt so sorry for him... it was hot- not hot like Vegas, but it was humid hot so the scouts all had a seat in between them to keep the air moving. Well... this guy who you could tell who didn't have the best hygeine-(he looked pretty stinky)- his wife and daughter, and another guy (I think he was either the uncle or the guys friend) all came and sqwished next to one of the scouts. The look on the scouts face was pretty funny... one of disgust and one of "get-me-out-of-here" panic! Poor guy.After the Star Spangled Banner was sung we had a cool Air Force fly over by a B-52 Bomber(?) I don't know... it was a BIG jet though! I have that on video. I will try to attach it to this post. It was a pretty day out yesterday. The sky was clear for the most part and everything just seemed to be so bright. See all the guys rught in front of us?? Those were some of the baseball scouts. Next to us we had a scout from the Mariners and then another one from the A's. It was pretty cool to watch them and their methods of scouting. Some of them even had radar guns to track the speed of the pitches. It was realy cool to also be right behind home plate! They were great seats!!!
Now... let's see if I can get this video to attach...... AND IT WORKED!! (took a while but it worked! I taped this for my monkies- Ashton and Noah in Las Vegas- and for every other little boy out there that likes big jets and loud noise!
At the end of the game they did a fireworks show for us. They were pretty good... just enought to get you excited for the REAL fireworks on Saturday. (my camera battery just died... I will have those photos for you after lunch around noon or so....)
Love you all!! Happy 4th of July to everyone!








0 comments:
Post a Comment