Tuesday, June 23, 2009
So- Here in Texas we really haven't been effected by the economy and the housing crisis. And Levi and I have been weighing our options on whether we should buy a home or keep renting. I have been doing my share of market research to figure out where the best place to live would be- ie: most house for the most money; and for the longest time I thought that it would be here in Texas. Don't get me wrong you get ALOT of home here for a little money, you really do and the income level is very similar to the pay levels we had in Las Vegas. So this afternoon as I was doing more research (I actually started out by looking for a cute Lab puppy... I want one sooooo bad. I miss my Ginger! I have to have a pet and if my kids are allergic... they will have to develope an immunity to them... after all I did and so did Levi so I know it can be done.) So I started out looking at homes in Texas just to scope out the market and see if anything new has popped up on the radar... nothing too exciting is out there really at the moment. I then got the idea to check out the Las Vegas market to see how bad the "bubble burst" REALLY was. I have to say I was EXTREMELY- EXTREMELY - EXTREMELY shocked to see what I found. I checked out the markets in Henderson (Green Valley Pkwy and Paseo Verde- my brother's ward) and in Centennial ( Grand Teton & Jones - my parents ward). And I have to say I was floored. I found a home right next door to Scott and Mindy that had 3 or 4 bed and i think 2 1/2 baths for $149,000. Big kitchen and family room... nice house. I found other similar homes in the neighborhood for roughly the same price. Then in my parents ward - THE BEST WARD I HAVE EVER LIVED IN AND AM DYING TO MOVE BACK TO - LEVI WOULD AGREE- I found a home in there neighborhood next to the park for $159,500!!! Sweet score! (When we left there were some other ward members renting that home so I know it was taken pretty good care of.) So then I started to check out the other neighborhoods in the ward to see what was available and I found a BEAUTIFUL home 4 bed 2 1/2 bath- GORGEOUS home for $139,500!!!! I WAS FLABBERGASTED! I called Levi and asked him if he still wants to move back to Las Vegas and told him what I found and he was sooo surprised!!! I heard a bit of excitement in his voice! All we would need to do is find him a job out there once he's done with school next May!!! Woo Hooo!!! I honestly think that Levi and I could now afford to live in Las Vegas, be in the ward that we want to be in, and still be able to have the life that we want to live! (Let's just hope the market doesnt' jump this next year....) OH THIS MAKES ME SOOOO INCREDIBLY HAPPY!!








3 comments:
Isn't it insane? A friend of mine recently bought a home with 3 beds, HUGE loft (it was seriously the size of like 3 rooms), 2100 sq feet and a nice size yard for $134,000. They are in a fun ward and her neighborhood is very nice! I can't believe how many great deals there are out there! The only problem that people are facing now, is that ALL the good homes GO FAST and with multiple offers, you have to have a great realtor! I would absolutely love it if you moved back here! :)
It would be totally awesome! We'd do it if Levi knew he had a job!
I hope Levi is able to find a job in Vegas! We would love to have you guys close again!
Post a Comment