Monday, March 8, 2010
Well... it's been a while since I've posted about my pregnancy (i think- i'm really note sure- time has flown by so fast) I thought that I should give an update. I started my every two weeks visits 2 weeks ago and my doctor said that I was measuring big. At that time I didn't think much of it and so I didn't ask "How big?". It wasn't until that night and this last week when everyone asked me the question did it dawn on me that I should have asked! LOL... yes for those of you who are newly pregnant or wanting to be pregnant- pregnancy messes with your mind and thought process. I think that it's mostly due to being so exhausted on a regular basis that your brain shuts down and goes into a long term sleep mode.
Today I had my second appointment that was also to include a sonogram (the sono will now happen tomorrow on lunch). Again my doctor told me that I was measuring big and this time I remembered to ask "how big?"... She stated that I am currently 32 weeks but I am measuring 34 weeks. Which is what I always thought I should be at this point. I have also been swelling more and more and until now it really hasn't been an issue - she's just been watching it. Based off my visit today I have been placed on permanent light duties for the remaining term. It is so hard for me to just sit here and do nothing when there is so much stuff that needs to be done at my apartment, and I am in that nesting phase. It will be tough but I have to be good now. My doctor also told me that I have 6 more weeks left that she can't see me going beyond the 38 weeks mark with how big he is getting and with how swollen I am getting.
This makes me very excited to see that I am in the final countdown zone. I can't wait to welcome him into this world! I have really enjoyed watching him grow and move inside. I have also enjoyed the times when Levi and I have been able to tease him and see how he reacts to our little tests - cold/hot and music beats. We can not wait until he's here to see his movements and personality!
Love you all! Thank you for all your love and support!








3 comments:
Yay! That is so exciting...except for the swelling part. Im supposed to be on light bedrest as well, but it is nearly impossible with two little ones always needing things and me wanting to spend as much time as possible playing with them. I love the two week appointments...but the every week ones are my favorite. So much can change in a week. If all goes well and I start "taking it easy", my Dr is wanting to schedule me for April 30th. I think by then you will have a two week old! Crazy to think! So exciting!!!
Yeah! Congrats Rach! I think your Dad was a 10 lb baby and the afterbirth was also 10 pounds. . .
Bless your heart!! Hang in there, at least you know he's healthy! Now just follow doctor's orders and take it easy until he gets here. What's his name, do you guys know yet?
Post a Comment