Anticipation.... It's Makin Me Late... It's Keepin Me Waitin...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

So being pregnant you seem to spend alot of time in the bathroom. This is ok... it gives you time to think... alone. I was thinkin about this post and the Carly Simon song "Anticipation" popped into my head- hence the name of this post... I think it fits in well! It's been raining for a week straight here so that counts as part of the reason for these reflectionary thoughts....

It seems as if since the semester has started time has slowed. Day's seem to last a week, weeks seem to last a month, and months just never seem to end. These past few days I have had the opportunity to enjoy a quiet night at home while my hubbie is doing his church duties. This has been nice, because normally I would do all my weekly cleaning on these days, but last night I just didn't have the energy to clean our entire apartment, so I did the living room area and did my fall/ halloween table decorations.

After I was finally happy with the placement of every last fall leaf I turned on the television hoping to catch an enjoyable show... I remember watching part of Leno (I love his new show!). Lately I have been seeing a lot of commercials about the major hospitals in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area... it's from the big ones... Parkland, Baylor, Texas Health, and Cook Childrens. Well... there is one that stands out to me ever time I see it. I am not sure if it's just really good advertizing or if they have purposfully created it to target ME as their desired audience. In this commercial there is a little clip of a doctor bending over to this little boy.... this is the only part of the commercial I remember... The boy has blonde hair and is wearing a blue and brown stripped shirt. I SWEAR... this commercial makes me homesick. Funny, I know..... The little boy in the commercial looks pretty darn similar to my nephew Ashton and he even has that same shirt! So every time I see the clip- I am instantly thrown back in to the memories of him as a little 3-4 year old busting through his Grandma and Grandpa's front door, running and screaming "RACHEL!!!!" wanting to go and tumble and play! My bestest little buddy.

Sadly... I know he's not so little anymore... he's a big boy now. All grown up and in Kindergarten. I just don't remember time flying... Noah's 4 and Little Miss Avery is almost 1 1/2! She doesn't even know me! But she will talk to me on the phone! So maybe this anticipation isn't because of the old memories that I am having it is because of the changes that have happend in Las Vegas since we've been gone. I have to remember that just because I move away- life and time doesn't stop. (Even though it would be way awesome if it would! Just come back and have everything be the same.) The city of Las Vegas will be the same thanks to the economy... nothing has taken off... City Center has even stopped growing.

It's nice though....ya know? I'm not the only one having these same thoughts. Levi mentioned something to me last night about being ready to come home and see everyone and how much he misses them all. It's nice knowing that I have someone here to share my feelings and thoughts with, and who is thinking the same thing I am even if I haven't said anything to him about what I am feeling.

Or... ya know? Maybe this is the reason the Lord sent us one of his to care for and build a home for. So that someday he'll miss us and want to come home too. Maybe, just maybe, this is how the Lord feels about us...

We love you all!! We hope this anticipation doesn't make the wait seem too long!

Love-
Rachel

0 comments: