My First Cake!!!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

So when we moved here to Denton, Levi and I stopped by Hobby Lobby (the local craft store) where Levi saw a booth for Wilton Cake Decorating classes. I wasn't sure if I wanted to take them, but Levi encouraged me to do so. This is my first cake that I decorated!!! It is a whole lot harder than I thought it would be... but in some areas it's a whole lot easier than I thought. Cake decorating is a great work out for your hands!!!




I am really enjoying my class... and am considering this as my profession when I am a stay at home mom. Levi is very supportive of this idea- not just because he will have all the frosting in the world to eat but because I will be able to use my creativity and create some amazing masterpieces!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That cake looks divine! HOw did you get the sides so straight? I made Chris a 4-layer cake for his b-day, and the frosting didn't look nearly that cool. I can't wait to see more of your creations!!

Randy Hale said...

Rachel, wonderful design, is that all out of your head? I think you would do very good cake decorating when you decide to become a stay at home mom. It'd be a great creative outlet for you. Keep going girl.

Randy Hale said...

Oh what a cute little animation. so nicely done.

Levi said...

All I hear is na na na na na na na na na na na na na naaaaaa Batman!!

Not only looked great, but tasted excellent!!