Favorite Places to Go...Dollar Solutions!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Do you remember going places as a child with your Mom or Dad that always seemed to amaze you because there were sooo many things to look at and play with??? I remember going to Payless Cashways with my dad when he'd be building something and just looking around at all the door knobs or different types of screws and bolts. 

With Levi being grounded to the couch this last week I was able to go out and run errands or go grocery shopping and do stuff with out having to worry about him and his crutches. Don't get me wrong or anything- I ABSOLUTELY LOVE SHOPPING WITH LEVI- I DO. But with the stress of this last week it was nice to have a little break and fresh air.

(Sidenote: for those of you who don't know... Levi had ankle surgery this last Tuesday to reconstruct his ankle which he previously injured while sliding into 2nd base October 2008, the Thursday night before we were sealed in the Dallas Temple)

OK... So I have been very much in a nesting mood this last month and a half since being on Christmas break and have been trying to organize our tiny apartment to make moving out in April/ May easier. Levi had previously picked me up some Storage bins for my new fabric collection and on Saturday I decided that I could use some more. Sooo being the good wife I am I let him sleep and went to Home Depot at 7 am to beat the morning rush of men... and I scored. I forgot how much I thouroughly enjoy walking through Home Depot. The smell of the wood, the decorative knobs, kitchen displays, flooring samples.... OOOHHHH... just gets my mind going!!! I COULD DO SOOO MUCH DAMAGE TO MY POCKET BOOK THERE!!! I honestly think more damage to my pocket book could be done there than anywhere else- because in my mind that $500 that I just spent on random fun things will turn in to $1000 in home value improvements. See ... See... now you know why studying Interior Design was so fun yet so incredibly dangerous for me! I go places like that and it's so hard for me to control myself!! OH AND DID I MENTION ALL THE PAINT SAMPLES!!! Trust me I have a collection of those books and I regularly update them with new ones every time I go in! :) Such sweet happiness!!! It's a good thing they don't sell fabric there too!

Ok- Ok... so then yesterday morning my dear sweet hubby wasn't feeling well, you all know how surgury and medicines mess up your inside movements. We had tried everything from drinking tons of water to stool softeners to even laxatives and nothing - I MEAN NOTHING WORKED! So I headed over to Wal-Mart to see what I could find. Levi refused to let me buy him some prune juice, which I've heard works, and I didn't want to get him anymore laxatives. I needed something that would just flat out work in a short amount of time. After staring at the wall of Exlax and deciding against buying him the chocolate bars and trying to disguise them as Hershey's bars I consulted with the Pharmasist. We came up with a solution that only cost me $1.00! Magnesium Citrate.... mmm.... Never tried it but for a buck I was willing to try anything! I bought him 2- 2 liters of Dr. Pepper and donuts and his favorite frozen pizzas all in anticipation that I would need to use them as bribes. 

As I was leaving Wal-Mart I thought that maybe just maybe I should stop in to Home Depot and try to find some more Rubbermaid bins like Levi had bought for me previously and so I did. This time I bought 3 of them I only needed 2 but I said why not 3! They are a great price and I know I will be able to find some where to use it! So I bought 3. AND yet again... the smell of the wood and oh everything about that place just made me giddy with excitement and my mind start flowing! I forced myself to leave though- yes it was tough... but I made it.

Well.. trying to get all my groceries up our stairs was a trip! I ended up loading everything inside the bins and dragging it up the stairs behind me just as if I was a little kid draggin my sled behind me up a snowy hillside. Levi when I explained to him what the bins were for he didn't care... anything to make his crutches life and movement around our apartment easier the better!!!

What about the magic solution you ask??? Amazingly I didn't need to bribe him. He downed half the bottle as instructed before I was even able to refill his cup of water! Did it work?!?! Yes! With in 30 minutes he was in the bathroom! Luckily this all happend in the morning... because in the afternoon our poor maintenance guys were in there fixing a broken toilet... and no... it wasn't from Levi. Our water wouldn't stop running and they found a leak in our tank. It's a good thing his parents live so close... because I don't think Levi would have made it much farther!!!

Love-
Rach

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Hale said...

too funny! So, you're moving? where? Before or after the baby comes? Busy, busy lady you are!

Ruth said...

You made me exhausted just reading how your day went! It sounds like you got alot done! Love reading your blog and the crazy things you love! Hope you have a great day!!

Love ya!
Ruth