Wednesday, August 19, 2009
So this last Monday Levi and I went to a Texas Rangers Baseball game. It was a great game! I am really enjoying having so many sports teams around and always having something to do!!! Levi bought me my first official Texas Rangers hat.... I tried on the some of the girls hats but they were all too pink or just didn't look baseball enough for me... so he ended up buying me a hat from the guys side- and I LOVE IT!!! It screams TEXAS! While there in the 6th inning stretch everyone started to sing this song... Levi looked at me amazed that I have never heard it before.... I have to admit it was catchy! Click here to hear the music that goes along with the lyrics. It totally makes sence why people love it here! The proper way to sing this is with a deep long drawl...
The stars at night, are big and bright,
The prairie sky is wide and high,
deep in the heart of Texas.
The sage in bloom is like perfume,
Reminds me of, the one I love,
deep in the heart of Texas.
The coyotes wail, along the trail,
The rabbits rush, around the brush,
deep in the heart of Texas
The cowboys cry, "Ki-yip-pee-yi,"
The doggies bawl, and bawl and bawl,
deep in the heart of Texas.









1 comments:
You'd never heard that song?! Levi is slacking on his job of making you an adopted Texan :) I'm excited about this weekend too! I have to admit, I'm kinda nervous about leaving Preston, but Tanner keeps reassuring me that Emma is a good babysitter (his little sister!) ! It'll be fun!
Post a Comment