...Life...

Wednesday, February 18, 2009



Well... I know that I keep telling you all that pictures of our apartment are coming--- THEY REALLY ARE! I am just my obsessive self who can't let people see my place when it's not perfect and ready for the big unveiling. (I am mostly just waiting for Levi to get a truck and have the energy to remove the extra boxes out of our apartment and put them back into storage.) I am finished with my painting in the kitchen and sewing my dining room curtains. I now just need to buy a curtain rod. I am currently working on the painting in our bedroom. I tried to do it by hand but i don't like it... so i am now using a template to do it. I am hoping to be completely done this weekend. I have Friday's off now and I rotate opening and closing at my work, so I now have more time to get things done at home! Today I had time to plant some things that I have wanted too. I have this beautiful Amaryllis bulb that I forced this last winter. It is now huge and the shoots are too heavy for the vase it was in... so i planted that in a large pot, I also planted some Tulips, some Paperwhites, and Sweet Basil (thanks Ruth!). It seems that here in Texas I HAVE A GREEN THUMB! I killed everything in Vegas, but here everything is growing! I am excited to get some more herbs going so that I can have fresh ones when ever I want! This picture is of my Amaryllis 3 weeks ago... it is now 3 times as BIG! I am just waiting for it to put out a beautiful flower!!! OK.... so Levi and I are both taking classes this semester. I am taking Technical Writing and Advertising & Promotions. My Technical Writing class seems to be pretty cake... but my Advertising class--- yeah... not so fun! I am going to go through the semester, but I am really not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. Levi is taking a full 15 credit hours this semester, TA'ing , tutoring, Secretary of IAEM-SC (International Emergency Management- Student Counsel), a member of the Economics club, coaching a little league baseball team the Titan's, he's 11 year old scout leader, and working. Oy! That was a lot to say..... and yes... it is very stressful keeping up with him. Thank heavens he will be graduating in December! He is continually busy and I am surviving! We have made it so that Fridays are our outings, and Saturday nights are our dates. He is considering attending Law School, or going on to get his Masters in Economics. He has a teacher that is continually on him about finishing out in Economics. I will be supportive of what ever he does. He also would like to be an Ambassador to Portugal using Economics and his mission and the connections he is making in school to get his foot in the door. He is still trying to get an internship for this summer. He has had a few call backs, but is hoping to get on with Southwest Airlines, or Exxon Mobile.

For now.... that is what is going on in our lives.... I will definately keep you updated and I promise... I will get photos posted of our apartment un-veiling!!!

We love you all!!!!! XOXOXOX!!!


1 comments:

Meredith Rotz said...

We are so happy to have you in our family and in Texas!!! Wow, thanks for the updates...you know even though we live so close there is still so much that can be missed. I love that you are putting so many personal touches on your apartment! How fun! I understand the "don't want to show until it is perfect." Can't wait to see the unveiling. You can check out our family blog at therotzfamily.blogspot.com. Love you too!